Cockerel or Pullet

I-Love-Pallets

Songster
Dec 17, 2021
Hello all,

I just wanted to get some opinions on whether you think this is a pullet or cockerel. The dad is a Faverolle, and I’m fairly certain the mom is a black sex link. Although I was pretty sure it was a pullet at first, because of the rounded saddle feathers, I am really feeling like it is a cockerel now.

IMG_2039.jpeg
IMG_2041.jpeg

Hello all,

I just wanted to get some opinions on whether you think this is a pullet or cockerel. The dad is a Faverolle, and I’m fairly certain the mom is a black sex link. Although I was pretty sure it was a pullet at first, because of the rounded saddle feathers, I am really feeling like it is a cockerel now.

View attachment 3663436View attachment 3663437
There is absolutely no doubt that he's a cockerel!!! 😂

Thanks all for the input. I knew it was a boy, just wanted to hear it from some pros. 😂😂😂 Also, he crowed for the first time, the day after my post.

So, if anyone near SW Ohio wants a roo, I’d love to give him the chance to find a home…free of course. Otherwise, I’ll have no choice but to commit him to the rotisserie. We just don’t have a big enough flock to support him. And, even though he’s the dad, I know Big Chungus (see below) agrees with me.

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpeg
    IMG_0824.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0825.jpeg
    IMG_0825.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom