Confused/Help

I'm sorry :( Are you giving them the Corid both in their water and a dose orally?

I sent a message to the person I purchased my silkies from expressing my concerns and requested a refund and she did nothing but place the blame on me. I even asked if I brought the chicks to a vet to prove it was Coccidiosis. She stated she only had 1 chick die from all the ones she sold that day.

"1)Do you have a vet report or something to confirm coccidia? Aside from your chicks, there has only been 1 other loss of a single chick from that days sales.
2)I do not sell any animal, chicks included with any type of health guarantee. I do not know if buyers will follow my recommendations or if they will reach out to others, as you have done and conjure up their own plan of action."

The funny thing is, I asked her for her suggestions and advice, even after she accused me of cooking them. Yet above she stated how she doesn't know if they would take her advice or not. Just crazy!

"If I was cooking them they would all be behaviors like this. I'm not blaming you or stating anything about your chicks, I was just looking for your suggestions and advice, but please don't place blame on me. It would have been informative to know you kept them at 85 degrees instead of what every other system out there states what temp they should be at. I never saw where you kept the hatchlings or chicks."

Honestly, if I sold chicks like this and this happened I would have been apologetic and at least offer a partial refund, but that's just me. I hope your last 2 make it. What does your brooder set up look like (just curious)? I'm always up for improving ours. I hope my last three chicks are at least 2 hens and 1 roo LOL Maybe I'll try to hatch some myself to replace what we lost.

I'm saddened we lost 5 chicks and out $50, but it's a lesson learned for us as well. NEVER buy from a breeder who doesn't have a reputation.

I'm sorry :( Are you giving them the Corid both in their water and a dose orally?

I sent a message to the person I purchased my silkies from expressing my concerns and requested a refund and she did nothing but place the blame on me. I even asked if I brought the chicks to a vet to prove it was Coccidiosis. She stated she only had 1 chick die from all the ones she sold that day.

"1)Do you have a vet report or something to confirm coccidia? Aside from your chicks, there has only been 1 other loss of a single chick from that days sales.
2)I do not sell any animal, chicks included with any type of health guarantee. I do not know if buyers will follow my recommendations or if they will reach out to others, as you have done and conjure up their own plan of action."

The funny thing is, I asked her for her suggestions and advice, even after she accused me of cooking them. Yet above she stated how she doesn't know if they would take her advice or not. Just crazy!

"If I was cooking them they would all be behaviors like this. I'm not blaming you or stating anything about your chicks, I was just looking for your suggestions and advice, but please don't place blame on me. It would have been informative to know you kept them at 85 degrees instead of what every other system out there states what temp they should be at. I never saw where you kept the hatchlings or chicks."

Honestly, if I sold chicks like this and this happened I would have been apologetic and at least offer a partial refund, but that's just me. I hope your last 2 make it. What does your brooder set up look like (just curious)? I'm always up for improving ours. I hope my last three chicks are at least 2 hens and 1 roo LOL Maybe I'll try to hatch some myself to replace what we lost.

I'm saddened we lost 5 chicks and out $50, but it's a lesson learned for us as well. NEVER buy from a breeder who doesn't have a reputation.
Yes, we have been giving them Corid, seemed to help only for a short time. Due to this whole mess with those my wife has gone somewhere else and gotten more Silkies. I'm a pretty tolerant guy not much gets under my skin. The lady I bought them from has not been helpful what so ever. So I am hoping the last 2 make it and I am out $15 a head, which all that is fine with me and if it was only me. However this has turned into an enormous emotional roller coaster for my kids, they get attached to chicks quick. My wife was having the same idea as you, she is now determined that we will never get silkies from anyone else and we will just hatch our own now lol. She has somehow gotten me to agree to keeping a Silkie roo, not even sure how that happened. I wish you little chicks all the best and I hope they bounce back and get strong.

People like that make me so mad.. From what you were saying she said I know the only one chick died thing is a lie!! It only takes a small amount of research to know how to care for chicks! That "breeder" is a disgrace and I am so sorry you had to go through that.. I have never had an issue with any of my chicks sold but I agree. At least she should apologise!! It just really sucks that people like that ruin it for people like me. I work hard and research continually to provide strong healthy chicks. I have only sold 10 so far so I have no reputation. Now even though I do work so darn hard people like that make it hard to even get a reputation!!! Grrrrrrr A lesson I learned early on. If you can't see where they came from don't buy 'em. I make it a point. Everyone who buys my birds see the mother and father and exactly the enviroment they are in.. I also be sure to tell them the temp they are on at the time. I thought that is standard procedure. I guess not..

Yes, we have been giving them Corid, seemed to help only for a short time. Due to this whole mess with those my wife has gone somewhere else and gotten more Silkies. I'm a pretty tolerant guy not much gets under my skin. The lady I bought them from has not been helpful what so ever. So I am hoping the last 2 make it and I am out $15 a head, which all that is fine with me and if it was only me. However this has turned into an enormous emotional roller coaster for my kids, they get attached to chicks quick. My wife was having the same idea as you, she is now determined that we will never get silkies from anyone else and we will just hatch our own now lol. She has somehow gotten me to agree to keeping a Silkie roo, not even sure how that happened. I wish you little chicks all the best and I hope they bounce back and get strong.

I wanted to check in to see how your 2 chicks are doing?

Hi, my last 2 of that batch are still going. Their growth is pretty limited and still smaller than the younger ones, but they are eating and acting normally. How are yours? Everyone still healthy over there?

Hi, my last 2 of that batch are still going. Their growth is pretty limited and still smaller than the younger ones, but they are eating and acting normally. How are yours? Everyone still healthy over there?

My 3 chicks are doing quite well actually. I'm seeing good growth in their wings, and 2 are getting bum fluff, they are stretching their necks up higher and stretch their legs out. They run quite fast, those little buggers. I was trying to find out online around what age they can start jumping. Our brooder box is about 1.5 ft tall w/ no lid.

I finally named them LOL my white/greyish one is a snowball, the grey is Paisley, and the kind of charcoal grey one with a black growing around its head and wings is squeaker (since it chirps the loudest LOL). Today made week 2 with us (so they should be about 3 weeks old).

My 3 chicks are doing quite well actually. I'm seeing good growth in their wings, and 2 are getting bum fluff, they are stretching their necks up higher and stretch their legs out. They run quite fast, those little buggers. I was trying to find out online around what age they can start jumping. Our brooder box is about 1.5 ft tall w/ no lid.

I finally named them LOL my white/greyish one is a snowball, the grey is Paisley, and the kind of charcoal grey one with a black growing around its head and wings is squeaker (since it chirps the loudest LOL). Today made week 2 with us (so they should be about 3 weeks old).
Just an update for the thread. My 2 are still alive, the Polish has bulked up and is the size of a normal chick her age. The Silkie however is still the size of a just hatched chick. She is still eating and drinking well and the other chicks are taking care of her and huddle with her to keep her warm. My wife is very concerned for the Silkie and has made it her baby, my concern is if this chick has not grown really at all this whole time, what kind of life should I expect. The poor think barely even had any feather development.

LOL, glad to see you finally named them. My little runt Silkie is the loudest of all the chicks, I hope that yours are still doing well. Keep up the good work :thumbsup

LOL, glad to see you finally named them. My little runt Silkie is the loudest of all the chicks, I hope that yours are still doing well. Keep up the good work :thumbsup
White silkie is the oldest in the picture by 5 days, so you can see she still hasn't really grown.
20200604_202019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom