coops

Hi eldiablo
I built my coop from old lumber when I replaced my patio and some from my neighbour when they replaced theirs. Most people will gladly give you their old lumber, it saves them from having to get rid of it themselves.
The only expence was roofing and insulation. We have 2ft of snow and night tempertures are running between -10c and -15c. Insulation was the biggest cost.
Good Luck Ray

When building your coop, the more room the birds have the better. If your birds are crowded they become stressed and that creates alot of problems. The breed of chickens will decide if it is enough space or not. My coop is 12.5 sq. ft. per bird and works well for me. If someone was to look at my hens while they are in the attached pen you wouldn't think it was too much space. When it comes to chickens and how much room they have, more is better than not enough.

bigzio

Quote:
Wow that is cold I am glad I don’t have to deal with that cold weather. We hardly ever get below 30 degrees here. I can actually leave to door to the coop at night open to the pen so they can go outside if they like. I built most of my coop from tonnage from neighborhood cleanups do you have pictures?

Back
Top Bottom