Cornish X 6wks tomorrow, question??

Quote:
Was it filled with fluid? I had to cull one yesterday, and that is what mine was doing and by the time I had the cone up and everything ready, she was almost dead in my arms, very sad to watch.. She was filled with yellow fluid, so i cleaned her and fed her to my dogs..

Sounds like ascites, in broiler that likely is due to heart failure.

At 7 1/2 weeks I processed 23. I had three just over 5 lbs, 4 just a wee bit under 5 lbs. the smallest two were 4 lbs 2 oz. The avg of all birds was 4.743 lbs. I'd say you need to go to 9 weeks to get a six lb. carcass, but I guess it depends a lot on your feeding methods.

Quote:
Congestive heart failure... All too common in these meat machines.
Good luck with the harvest. The first is the hardest, then you focus..... ++
You will feel much better when they are all de-feathered and floating in some nice ice water... And EVEN BETTER when you get to cleanout their coop, which I assume smells like a septic tank!
smile.png

Quote:
Congestive heart failure... All too common in these meat machines.
Good luck with the harvest. The first is the hardest, then you focus..... ++
You will feel much better when they are all de-feathered and floating in some nice ice water... And EVEN BETTER when you get to cleanout their coop, which I assume smells like a septic tank!
smile.png

Yep, congestive heart failure makes them fill up with fluid like that. And we can hardly wait for clean out day ... coming this weekend to a coop near us!!

Back
Top Bottom