Coturnix Quail foot BROKEN OFF - ADVICE NEEDED

Hello everyone, very sorry for the late update.
I have been having lots of Racoon problems with my chickens lately (I won't release the racoons else where, not sure what to do about them yet).

My sweet Friend seems to be doing good. She is very active and eating well.

Her leg is still swollen, the swelling feels hard, but she is acting normal.
I have been giving her 10 -20 min Espom Salt soaks almost everyday.
I have also been putting Vetericyn and Triple Anti Bactrial on her wound daily.

I plan to post photos of her on her tomorrow. Good night everyone.

How’s Friend doing, @NinjaGamer2022?
I'm so sorry for the late reply!
Friend is acting normal, hopping around and eating well, which I am very happy to say. Her leg is still swollen though ...
I plan to post pictures of her tomorrow.

Once again, I am very sorry everyone for the late update.
I have been having tons of stuff going on and been really busy.

I am still doing the Epsom Salt soak for her wound almost everyday, changing her bedding at least once a day, and treating her with Vetericyn. I am having a bit trouble treating her wound with triple anti bacterial because the bandaid keeps falling off, but I will keep trying.

I hope everyone had a good day, good night.

It sounds like her recovery is going well. You’re doing a good job with keeping the wound clean. It’s a long recovery, so Friend’s probably getting pretty restless. But, it’s for her own well-being. Thanks for continuing to update on her recovery, and I hope you continue letting us know how she’s doing, @NinjaGamer2022. ❤️🥰

Hello everyone, sorry for the late update (I will try and get better with this, SUPER busy).
Friend is still seems to be doing well. Eating and moving around normally, super active sweetheart.
She is still quite swollen though ...
I stopped the Espom Salt bathes, I was recommended on another thread to stop as it might extend her healing time.
I am still changing her paper towel litter at least once a day, and spraying her wound down with Vetericyn.
I am sometimes putting on triple anti bacterial, but some reason the bandaids won't stay on her.
Her are some photos I took of her last night (on Saterday)
I hope you all had a great weekend, I will continue to update on her condition, good night.
View attachment 3844958View attachment 3844959View attachment 3844960View attachment 3844961View attachment 3844962View attachment 3844963
View attachment 3844964View attachment 3844965

Hello everyone, sorry for the late update (I will try and get better with this, SUPER busy).
Friend is still seems to be doing well. Eating and moving around normally, super active sweetheart.
She is still quite swollen though ...
I stopped the Espom Salt bathes, I was recommended on another thread to stop as it might extend her healing time.
I am still changing her paper towel litter at least once a day, and spraying her wound down with Vetericyn.
I am sometimes putting on triple anti bacterial, but some reason the bandaids won't stay on her.
Her are some photos I took of her last night (on Saterday)
I hope you all had a great weekend, I will continue to update on her condition, good night.
View attachment 3844958View attachment 3844959View attachment 3844960View attachment 3844961View attachment 3844962View attachment 3844963
View attachment 3844964View attachment 3844965
Thank you for the continued updates. 😊 Friend is very lovely. Will you be taking her to the vet? I ask this because they should do something with that exposed bone… trim it off enough to cover it with her skin and sew it up over the joint. I’m only suggesting this because it’s an entry point for bacteria and possible infection. Don’t worry about trying to keep the bandage on, since it continues to come off. You can still pack that area with triple antibiotic. You keep her bedding clean, so that certainly helps. I’m glad to see a happy, sweet little bird in your photos! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom