crowing hen question

To me, hens crowing the egg song sounds like a group of ducks on the water honking and quacking and talking to each other. The vowels and vocalization are different, but the noise level is similar. We back up to the creek, and half the time when they sing the egg song or ask for treats I'm looking around for waterfowl. Really loud Canadian geese at times.

Agreed. The hens make the most earth shattering screams in the morning, honestly sometimes they're much louder than the rooster, and more persistent too 
Oh dear. I was not aware of this. A noise violation in my county is “more than once per minute, for a span of 10 minutes” and has a DB limit of 65 for constant sounds and 120 for one-time/impulsive sounds. Do you think it may be an issue?

Oh dear. I was not aware of this. A noise violation in my county is “more than once per minute, for a span of 10 minutes” and has a DB limit of 65 for constant sounds and 120 for one-time/impulsive sounds. Do you think it may be an issue?

If it's completely legal to own chickens in your area, it shouldn't be a problem

Here's a video of my bantam hen crowing. If you're looking for a comparison, you can hear some roosters from her flock crowing in the distance. (The roosters are louder, but seem quiter because they're not as close to the camera. )

Back
Top Bottom