Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have been down this road before, (hatching 25+ years). I know doubles usually only make it to day 10 or so. I do find this egg interesting.
(This EE egg below is not the egg but an example of a fertile egg one day in.) The egg below is not a double but you can see what I call a "love dot" when an fertile egg has been in an incubator for one day, you get a shadow the size of a pencil eraser. If you roll the egg gently in the light, it races around in the egg.
View attachment 3383920
The one day incubated egg below has 2 Love dots. When candled yesterday the dots were closer together, now they have spread a bit. This is not a big egg it is a golden Spitzenhauben egg. She is young.
View attachment 3383922
I will post more pics as I go if anyone wants to follow along. (My page is judgement free. But you are welcome to make polite comments. Thank you.)

I have been down this road before, (hatching 25+ years). I know doubles usually only make it to day 10 or so. I do find this egg interesting.
(This EE egg below is not the egg but an example of a fertile egg one day in.) The egg below is not a double but you can see what I call a "love dot" when an fertile egg has been in an incubator for one day, you get a shadow the size of a pencil eraser. If you roll the egg gently in the light, it races around in the egg.
View attachment 3383920
The one day incubated egg below has 2 Love dots. When candled yesterday the dots were closer together, now they have spread a bit. This is not a big egg it is a golden Spitzenhauben egg. She is young.
View attachment 3383922
I will post more pics as I go if anyone wants to follow along. (My page is judgement free. But you are welcome to make polite comments. Thank you.)
Following
Wishing you the best of luck
I tried twins ( 2 double yolk eggs ) in November
I posted if you want to read my thread
I got my babies to hatch and lost them
I was very upset
But I learned a bunch and hopefully can help others who try
Sending good and positives vibes for the egg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom