Feb 19, 2023
Hi all

We have a 7 month old duck that we found this morning in the coop, she couldn’t walk without toppling over and when she stood, she stoop straight up and sometimes fell backward onto her back. Her neck was completely tucked in.

Obviously we were panicked. We separated her immediately, thinking, “is it mareks, is it a vitamin deficiency, does she have a broken back”. I got her supplemental niacin and her own place to rest. We call the vet, i dropped off a fecal sample, and they had me start antibiotics.

Well, 10 hours later. She is basically fine, walking is still a bit wobbly but basically back to normal. I am not complaining, but the emotional roller coaster i went through today thinking my duck was possibly ill with a lethal disease and then seeing her practically back to normal was A LOT for one day.

We are going to keep her separated, since her walking is still off and she tends to get bullied anyway. At least until she’s walking better and I have some more information. But I am really just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Any similar situations?

Her name is Sandwich, 7 month old silver appleyard. Keep her in your thoughts ❤️

Attachments

• F9FD399E-4843-44F0-AC0D-39E4FF8E6619.jpeg
    F9FD399E-4843-44F0-AC0D-39E4FF8E6619.jpeg
    632.8 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom