Duckling died for no reason - Sudden duckling death?

The one duckling may have gotten hypothermia from being wet is my guess as to cause of death. There is nothing else that appears as a possibility. Can you find another one its age for companionship?
Awww. Is there no symptoms for getting hypothermia? I might not be able to find another duckling its age, but I will keep it company! We have a farm that we send our ducks to with other ducks! I will send this duckling to the farm when she gets bigger!

A small duck will quickly lose all its body heat when wet and die before you'd notice the symptoms. It would first get wobbly on its feet, then fall over and not be able to stand back up. It would die soon after that. If you saw it with those symptoms and dried it and warmed it quickly, it may have survived. File this away in case it happens again.

I know you'll love the one remaining and take it to a good place when it gets big enough. Enjoy the little one while you can.

A small duck will quickly lose all its body heat when wet and die before you'd notice the symptoms. It would first get wobbly on its feet, then fall over and not be able to stand back up. It would die soon after that. If you saw it with those symptoms and dried it and warmed it quickly, it may have survived. File this away in case it happens again.

I know you'll love the one remaining and take it to a good place when it gets big enough. Enjoy the little one while you can.
Thank you so much! I will keep a close eye on them from now on

Back
Top Bottom