Eggs rolling around during lock down

HenTea

Chirping
Apr 9, 2022
I read someplace that some people do lock down with egg cartons. I like the idea of the eggs not rolling around. I would prefer something on its side not standing up. Was hoping people could show me what they do.

Thanks!

they should be in the orientation they were incubated in, imo .. in other words, an upright cradled egg should be kept that way, and one incubated on the side shouldnt be put upright in a carton ... ive literally used anything laying around to 'chock' them in place, ice creme sticks, whatever, but yes, its good to immobilize them .. especially if their pip winds up down and it stays there sometimes they can have problems zipping, conversely, getting kicked around is actually better than the pup winding up down, still its better to chock them in place, pip on the high side ..

We just did 42 eggs. Went into lock down with 31. Had them up right till lock down. All piped, all but one zipped. I helped one at the end. Only had the one die. Most of them pip on the bottom.

I could make something out of sticks or something for next time. I did feel bad how many got kicked around.

Back
Top Bottom