Solved Email issues?

Sefirothe

On A Clucking Adventure
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2023
Scranton, PA
Twice now, I've gotten my posting privileges revoked because of an email issue? Not sure what's going on because my email has been working just fine.

I'm not using something like Gmail. I own my own domain and received no notices about issues from the hosting company I use.

If our system receives bounced email reports (i.e., emails that the receiving address returns to us), or reports that a system or person marked our emails as spam, our system marks the account with an invalid email address.

You may need to whitelist emails from BYC or otherwise work with the email/server admin to determine why emails from BYC might be getting rejected.

If our system receives bounced email reports (i.e., emails that the receiving address returns to us), or reports that a system or person marked our emails as spam, our system marks the account with an invalid email address.

You may need to whitelist emails from BYC or otherwise work with the email/server admin to determine why emails from BYC might be getting rejected.

Oh, I have been cranking up and tweaking spam settings lately. If my spam folder is to be believed, I must have ordered about 5000 Geek Squad subscriptions by now.

So. Much. Spam.

I will add BYC to the white list to be safe.

It's a really tricky balance between keeping out bad and letting good in.

Sometimes the bounces / spam-reports aren't even controllable by the end-user (even when you are hosting your own sites it can be hard to control), and as the sender are often limited in the troubleshooting we can do.

Good luck on your process!

Back
Top Bottom