EMERGENCY! egg bound!!!

Pics
That's cheaper than what I'm paying for BFSL which mine love. Even though the seeds probably lack the calcium boost of the BFSL, I may pick up a bag the next time I'm at TSC to see what they think.
Thanks.
I dont know what BFSL is :confused:... but SF seeds are an excellent source of Methionine & I noticed that is lacking is a lot of feeds.
And the bonus is they LOVE them...
like @007Sean said... it's quail crack :lau

I dont know what BFSL is :confused:... but SF seeds are an excellent source of Methionine & I noticed that is lacking is a lot of feeds.
And the bonus is they LOVE them...
like @007Sean said... it's quail crack :lau
BFSL is black soldier fly larvae. I'm currently buying dried ones, but hope to start producing my own when I move to my land. They have 2-5% calcium and 35% protein, but, as @Kiki mentioned, they're also high in fat at 36%. I only feed a few per bird every couple of days, and they love them.

Edit to add: Apparently, I can't do acronyms. That should have been BSFL...

Last edited:
Because I have such a small flock, I just buy ACE Hardware's 8lb bag but @007Sean likely has a better source for large quantities.View attachment 3601595
Ace shows your choice at $23.99/8 lb ($3/lb) and @007Sean choice is $16.99/5 lb ($3.40/lb) at TSC. However, TSC shows a 35 lb bag at $64.99 ($1.85/lb). I don't have enough birds to justify a 35 lb bag, but it might be an option for someone with a lot more birds than me.

ETA: the 20 lb bag at $49.99 is $2.50/lb, so might be worth the cost savings...

Back
Top Bottom