Ended Official BYC Family & Fowl Photo Contest

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011

Kids and poultry...two of everyone's favorite photo subjects! And what could be more fun than pictures of them together...children and chicks, grandkids and geese, daughters and ducks, or sons and swans? Post your favorite picture of kids and fowl together for a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes! Grab your cameras, kids and birds...snap some pics and share for the enjoyment of all!

RULES:

1. All entries must be submitted as a reply to this thread.
  2. Only two pics per member will be accepted.
  3. The picture needs to be taken by you.
  4. No fake editing, photoshopping or captions. We want "natural" pics!
  5. Have fun!

PRIZES:

1. 1st Place = 12-month Golden Feather Membership (for yourself or a friend)
  2. 2nd Place = 6-month Golden Feather Membership (for yourself or a friend)
  3. 3rd Place = 3-month Golden Feather Membership (for yourself or a friend)

**WE WILL ACCEPT ENTRIES UNTIL THE 31ST OF OCTOBER**

Last edited:
What the heck might as well join in :) Here is ONE of my favourite kid and chicken photos, because with three kids you can never admit to having a favourite anything LOL

Last edited:
I probably will, thanks. I just haven't got "the" right photo yet to compete with these entries. My favorite kid 'n chickens photos are a couple of those that mean everything to me, but someone else looking at them wouldn't see it. I'm going to share them, but they aren't part of the judging!

When I first ordered chicks last year (you KNEW there'd be a long winded Blooie story in here somewhere didn't you?) then 2 year old granddaughter Kendra was just out of casts on both legs and was preparing to go to Salt Lake for possible surgery. Our older grandkids - Kendra's big sister Katie who was 9 and cousin Evan, also 9 - were over-the-top with excitement. But they thought that they should let Kendra see the chicks first. Well, I decided I'd better call and find out first if that would be okay, given Kendra's medical stuff and the upcoming surgery. The nurse I spoke to didn't think it was a good idea. The kids were disappointed because they really wanted see Kendra's face when she got to see those cute babies, but they understood. Then Jenny talked to the doctor, who said, "You let that baby see and touch those chicks! I'm sure she'll be washed between now and next week, and of course she'll be thoroughly cleaned for surgery." (Can't remember word for word now except for the first line) So Kendra got to be first to marvel at those adorable little fluff butts. I was proud of Evan and Katie for putting her first and thrilled with a doctor who understood that Kendra was going to hear a lifetime of "No" and wanted to her to experience as many "yeses" as possible. So here are my photos, although these are NOT my entries.

We put a few in a basket and put a cover so they wouldn't jump out and get hurt or scare Kendra.

And here Grampa holds a chick for her to touch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom