- Stands in one area for a long time
- Does not like flying up or down roosts anymore
- Does not lay eggs as of now

However,
- breathing is fine
- still capable of walking/running
- eats/drinks just fine
- Can feel keelbone just fine

I gave them too much grubs and she became overweight.

How can I treat her? How long can she have IF i help her? Is it just because she is a big chicken??

Attachments

• IMG_3664.jpeg
    IMG_3664.jpeg
    713.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3076.jpeg
    IMG_3076.jpeg
    738.7 KB · Views: 7
I'm sorry, but what answers are you hoping for?
You've received dozens of answers from knowledgeable members across multiple threads, they aren't going to change.
Unfortunately, there's no cure to fld..
She could just be a big chicken or she could have it, the only way to tell is necropsy, as far as I know.
Or time. hope for the best but be prepared.

I'm sorry, but what answers are you hoping for?
You've received dozens of answers from knowledgeable members across multiple threads, they aren't going to change.
Unfortunately, there's no cure to fld..
She could just be a big chicken or she could have it, the only way to tell is necropsy, as far as I know.
Or time. hope for the best but be prepared.
Hi, I was mostly looking for medicine treatments i could potentially get her. I am also a kid so I’m not financially independent. She’s my pet chicken and I’m very worried about losing her. I appreciate everyone’s responses and I’m glad I got advice.

Knowing what her crop feels like in early morning before she eats, is to find out if she has pendulous crop or other crop problems. If you can check at least this weekend, when school is out, that would be good. I really would not worry so much about if she has an illness, but try going forward to limit her treats.

However,
- breathing is fine
- still capable of walking/running
- eats/drinks just fine

- Can feel keelbone just fine

Hi, I was mostly looking for medicine treatments i could potentially get her. I am also a kid so I’m not financially independent. She’s my pet chicken and I’m very worried about losing her. I appreciate everyone’s responses and I’m glad I got advice.
She's a large hen.

If she's eating/drinking/active then I wouldn't worry too much about her.

I know you've posted quite a few threads about her and you are concerned, but what you describe is a large hen that is aging o.k. and seems to be doing fine.

Heavy hens really don't like to fly and a lot of them don't like to roost very high, if at all. If she's not roosting, then provide her with some extra bedding where she sleeps and keep it tidy and clean.

I think I would just enjoy her, spend some time with her each day and let her chicken on.
She looks like a lovely fluffy gal and I'm sure she's very sweet.

Back
Top Bottom