February 2023 hatch-a-long

I hope it ends up being a girl, the uneven spots between the pattern makes me nervous!
me too, and the tail is extremely pretty, which makes me think male as well, but thats the only signs. They are 8 weeks old, so you would think there would be more signs by now. (All the other males have hackles, and saddles) it could also just be an extreamly late male, it does have the pea comb, but its personality screams female, so I dont honesty know. It could just be a calm male. (If so, he’s gonna make someone real happy)

Update, what is the chance of my 100% hatch rate…. To end up all males. 6 male’s, 0 female’s. insane.
I have 5 males (possibly 6) out od my 6 barnyard mix chicks 😜 Fortunately, I had better luck with the Australorps and the silkies 😁 I don't think I will be keeping the silkies though. They are special care chicks and I don't like it 🤨

People get excited about rings. but if there is only a blood ring, that is a blood ring. if you have a thick cord in the egg, but there is other veins, it is not a blood ring.
Would you say this is a blood ring? Day 5 candling duck eggs
C3AEABD2-7283-480C-89DB-9EF73B1868C4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom