Feed suggestions

MamaLynn23

Songster
Jan 9, 2021
I have two 6 month old Rhea chicks. We have been giving them a small amount of cat food in the evenings to get them into their enclosure. But during the day on days when it is not too cool or raining they free range just like our chickens and ducks. We have 2.5 acres so there is plenty of room to run around and eat grass and bugs. But one of them has been sitting down more often lately instead of constantly grazing like the other one. I am concerned maybe it isn't getting enough of something essential. Other than that and not being quite as big as the other one it seems perfectly healthy so I don't know if I'm just overthinking...

Anyway, other than providing chopped greens, which we sometimes do, is there something else I can get that will be good for them. Especially concerned since Winter is almost upon us and the grass will be drying up and dying soon, and there won't be as many bugs either.

I don't know if reason need the same nutrition at emus but they should have a fairly high protein diet.
I found this book and the information you need is on pages 99-100

I don't know if reason need the same nutrition at emus but they should have a fairly high protein diet.
I found this book and the information you need is on pages 99-100
Sorry, but I don't see any info for a book... just the page numbers

Back
Top Bottom