Fluffy Butt Emergency 🚨🆘

For the sake of your healthy flock, i'm glad to know they are off your premises. (And they are very lucky you knew someone that would take them in). IF your friend wants to try and treat their symptoms, the info @Kiki gave in post #22 gave you contact info where to have them tested. Some poultry respiratory diseases are treatable as far as keeping SYMPTOMS at bay. But not curable. The five silkies in your friend's care will remain carriers for life, & can infect other birds even if they are symptom-free.

It is foreseeable your friend may grow attached to his new charges. (After all, sillkies are sweet and gentle little birds). If so, just keep in mind the option to pursue testing to learn what disease(s) they carry.

I surely did pass on the info @Kiki provided along with other advice that other users commented. As for our buddy He’s a big tall bearded man that to others may seem impossible for him to be sweet or have any feelings, but in reality he’s a big ol’ baby 💙😂. Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate everyone’s feedback on here. I’m happy I haven’t had anybody lashing out on me, I always appreciate any helpful criticism.

For that big ol Ahole, Karma is a B. I sure wouldn't want to have to give an answer on judgement day, when God says, "And you did what?"
Ahole is not going to like me If I do indeed figure out her name.

When it comes to chickens nothing gets under my skin more than hearing about people selling sick birds. And if I find out they're doing this here in Texas I can feel the steam coming out of my head. I will do whatever I can to help put an end to their bird selling.

Well maybe the loons that think DE will rid roundworms bother me about the same.

When it comes to chickens nothing gets under my skin more than hearing about people selling sick birds. And if I find out they're doing this here in Texas I can feel the steam coming out of my head. I will do whatever I can to help put an end to their bird selling.

Well maybe the loons that think DE will rid roundworms bother me about the same.
She did says she was trying to minimize the flock cause the colder weather is approaching. So I hope she isn’t but at the same time I hope she is so that gets caught.

She did says she was trying to minimize the flock cause the colder weather is approaching. So I hope she isn’t but at the same time I hope she is so that gets caught.
She's obviously a liar.
No telling.

Thank you for being willing to help these birds, not many people would have stepped up. ♥️ I hope things are better now! (I just noticed the date...lol)
Thank you, It is a lesson learned but no regrets here 💗. Unfortunately a couple days after re-homing them, 3 of the 5 passed. The ones who remained were later re-homed after they perked back.

Back
Top Bottom