Forced to hatch in February in ny!!

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
My blue wheaten bantam wasn’t looking so great, it just started to get cold here in ny. I am fortunate enough to have a coop that stays really warm! So watching her behavior I put her and my other blue wheaten Ameraucana in a brooder together so I can mark their eggs appropriately. She ended up dying yesterday leaving me one blue wheaten to lay eggs. I’ll give her 8 days to lay and then I will put the eggs into the incubator.

I have silver bantam ameraucanas that will be mixed with blue wheaten rooster so they will just be Easter eggers.

Follow along if you want to see if I’m successful with a February hatch in ny in my outside coop (it’s insulated and can be heated)

My blue wheaten bantam wasn’t looking so great, it just started to get cold here in ny. I am fortunate enough to have a coop that stays really warm! So watching her behavior I put her and my other blue wheaten Ameraucana in a brooder together so I can mark their eggs appropriately. She ended up dying yesterday leaving me one blue wheaten to lay eggs. I’ll give her 8 days to lay and then I will put the eggs into the incubator.

I have silver bantam ameraucanas that will be mixed with blue wheaten rooster so they will just be Easter eggers.

Follow along if you want to see if I’m successful with a February hatch in ny in my outside coop (it’s insulated and can be heated)
So sorry for your loss of your hen. I sure hope you hatch some of hers. ❤️

So sorry for your loss of your hen. I sure hope you hatch some of hers. ❤️
I don’t think she was laying. Why are bantams so hard to keep alive

Attachments

• 97108A4E-BE1D-481E-BE74-B043DA51C4CB.jpeg
    97108A4E-BE1D-481E-BE74-B043DA51C4CB.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1401639B-0DCC-4DF1-9533-A3905711EF33.jpeg
    1401639B-0DCC-4DF1-9533-A3905711EF33.jpeg
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom