Fresh egg with no yolk completely rotten liquid

justonemoreduck

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2022
Hello. We gather eggs daily. Today I was making breakfast for dinner. Last egg I cracked appeared normal, cracked like all the others but was completely rotten and pure runny liquid. I have no idea how this happened. I was told lash egg. Is this possible even though the shell was normal? We have twenty hen's. I haven't seen any acting sick or lethargic. Any ideas?
I'm new to this. Our mama hen just hatched chicks two weeks ago. Our first thought was maybe this was her first egg since hatch? No it wasn't a left over rotten egg.
Thank you!

I wonder if she has an infection?
I'm thinking the same thing. I just have no idea who laid the egg. I'm afraid to sell any eggs until I figure out who may be sick. I candle before selling and assume I'd have noticed no floating yolk. Thank you for your response

Are your hens chickens or geese?

I’m not really sure what could have caused this, it sounds like it could be a reproductive infection.

If these are geese I can guarantee this wasn’t laid by the girl that just hatched some babies. Once geese go through the rigorous incubation process they are generally done until next breeding season. Some geese can begin laying again but it’s fairly rare and won’t happen for a few months anyway.

Back
Top Bottom