Guenia questions

Yes they lay eggs. You can keep them together, some people have good luck with this and some do not. If they are raised together while young then you should have no problems at all. (other than your normal rooster fights, if you have male guineas/roosters together) I have had Guineas and chickens together before. Like I said it all depends on how aggressive the chickens/roosters are but you can introduce them slowly and maybe they will do fine. Maybe someone else will chime in and help you better than I can.

You can eat Guinea eggs, a lot of people do. They are good.
smile.png

I do not keep my Guineas with my chickens, I was reminded why I don't two weeks ago when I found a head injured Silkie. Guineas are stronger and faster than even standard size chickens and can do some serious damage even when they don't mean to.

If a guinea has an issue with a chicken, roosters in particular, they will attack as a group.

do guienas lay eggs, and can you put them in with regular chiockens?

You can keep your chickens and guineas together if yuo want too. as others ahead of me have stated. i personally just let mine have free run of wherever they want to go, (then they can eat all the bugs they want, and come back and eat chicken food if they want too) and at night they come in the barn and roost with the roosters.
Guienas do lay eggs, if the guineas are not contained ina certain area, it might be hard to find the eggs. I know its hard for me to find my eggs that they lay. You can eat them, i havent though. Its usually 2 guinea eggs = to one chicken egg if your going to bake with them. Guineas arent like chickens, and they dont lay an egg per day. They only lay eggs during the "breeding season" which is usually from march to october.
What do you mean by annoying? Sorry I should have put that in my other post.

Guineas make ALOT of noise. They are very very annoying and loud. When something upsets them, startles them, bother them, ect,.. they will not hesitate to let you know. They are very good "watch birds" when someone comes to your house, they will sound an alarm. But we think listening to their sounds is worth it because of all the bugs they eat.

Guinea sounds:
http://www.guineafowl.com/fritsfarm/guineas/sounds/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom