Guinea pigs!!

Pics
Hi all, I am very new to guinea pigs and am hoping for some advice or just to chat. Recently (last week)one of my two guinea pigs died and so now I only have one. The one I still have is now alone after over 3 years of having another guinea pig to keep him company. Should I be worried?

On a more bright note here is Cave my piggy I adopted him 4ish months ago and he is very sweet!
IMG_0700.jpeg

Hi all, I am very new to guinea pigs and am hoping for some advice or just to chat. Recently (last week)one of my two guinea pigs died and so now I only have one. The one I still have is now alone after over 3 years of having another guinea pig to keep him company. Should I be worried?

On a more bright note here is Cave my piggy I adopted him 4ish months ago and he is very sweet!View attachment 3817021
Welcome! So sorry about your loss. Guinea Pigs are herd animals, so they shouldn't be alone. Because he's a male, you want to find another male that he'll bond with. I suggest taking him to meet any pig you're considering getting him before deciding on bringing it home. Males are more aggressive than females, so if they won't bond, that can be very bad.

Thanks for the advice! I will probably get him another friend very soon and I do agree about getting another male but as @BullChick said it all depends if he is neutered. I am not certain of that because I adopted him. Does any one know how to check? Thanks!
Do you have a vet who can check? Does he appear intact?

Back
Top Bottom