Handicapped chick having seizures

fort_tracy

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2023
I hatched 8 chicks. The last 2 were late hatches. They are a little over a week old. The 8th was weak and didn't make it. The 7th has a dragging leg. It began having what I would call geand Mal seizures. It flops around shaking its head and chirping loudly as if in pain. At first it seemed to be mostly on its weak leg side but now is alternating. After the seizure ends, it shakes its head for a second then carries on as if normal with the exception of the leg. Any idea what this is and how to help it? It's breaking my heart. He's the one with the black dot on his head in the picture.
20230421_120012.jpg

Attachments

• 20230421_113835.jpg
    20230421_113835.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Feeding Ranch Pro chick starter grower crumbles from Atwoods and watering with Chick Boost probiotics by Flock Pro. Virtually no dirty butts.

Yes. He seems to be. After a seizure he hobbles straight to the feeder and eats some.
I'm no expert, but maybe try giving him some electrolyte water might help. I've given my chicks vitamin C from capsules to help them along also. The electrolyte water will help boost his immune and give him some energy.

Back
Top Bottom