hatching geese in a little giant

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
Ok I promise this will be my last question at least for awhile. I have 2 little giant still air incubators and I want to hatch some geese, I had seen before on ebay an extender for the LG to raise it for the goose eggs but now that Im ready to buy one I cant find one. Anyone know where I can get one? Can they be hatched in a LG without the extender?

There is an extender???????

I have geese eggs in my LG still air incubator right now!!! I put them in on the 14th. I have white chinese(?) so I guess they are smaller than some other of the geese eggs.

LOL there is unless i have completly lost my mind.

How do they fit, is there any head room for them when they hatch? have u ever hatched any geese in it out yet?

Yes, I've seen the extender. Without the extender the top of the eggs is too close to the heating element and will over heat the eggs. I'm not exactly sure where to get one, but I've seen them in hatchery catalogs. You could probably do with taking out the grate and placing the eggs in the water wells. Compensate by adding a container of water on the side. Also misting goose eggs with a plant mister a couple times a day helps as geese require higher humidity.

ooh no! didnt know i need an extender! i have a LG..with a fan...and i just put 3 seb eggs in last night! UGH! now what?? my thermo. is reading the right temp though..i put the probe on top of the eggs...

Quote:
hey cool! were due almost the same time..
cool.png

Quote:
hey cool! were due almost the same time..
cool.png

Actually if you put them in last night today would be day 1, and since I put my eggs in at 7 AM today, which is before 12 PM im on day 1 also, so we actually do have the same hatch date!
big_smile.png

We should make our own hatching thread since we have the same hatch date, that'd be cool!
cool.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom