Hawks

talk to your local gamewarden IN PERSON.
You might get lucky and have an understanding game warden.I hate hawks to the death.pop em and keep mouth shut.

Read your depradation order in the your states wildlife department book,or on the web.
Ours says if the predator is killing livestock or in the act of it is legal to kill.

Last edited:
Quote:
It is still illegal. You can't shoot a bird that has been there long before your chickens. Plus they are federally protected birds. People pay a huge fine or sometimes do time for shooting hawks.

Last edited:
I knew it was a big fine,i dont kill em cause if u get caught they charge you an arm and a leg.if i was a millionare id go hawk crazy lol.i dont frown on the idea though.
I am no criminal,im a kind gentle old man.raised in a strict southern family,Ill never steal,or hurt people.I have morals, and practice them in my day to day life.
but it saddens me that a city fella kills a man and goes to jail and is able to see daylight again, and a hillfolk kills a hawk to save his chickens so he can have a meal tommaro,and then has to do the same jail that a murderer did. it discusts me dearly.
and is the start of horrible corruption.

Make sure your run and coop are as raptor-proof as possible. Sometimes free ranging is not an option if you have serious predator problems. I live where there are lots of hawks and eagles who would easily kill a chicken if given the chance. My neighbors and I all keep our chickens in runs and coops.

Back
Top Bottom