healthy weight loss recipies

hunterjumper999

Songster
11 Years
Dec 26, 2008
Box Springs
I am hoping to compile about 15 recipies that are healthy so that I can really buckle down and drop some weight before vacation in march.

Anyone want to play around and help me find some that you like or look good to you?

They can be chicken, beef or fish and I basically eat every vegetable.

I like to have green smoothies. They are very filling, full of fiber and super healthy. My favorite recipe is:

1 banana
handful of spinach or kale
handful of green grapes
1/2 cup - 1 cup pineapple
a little water and ice

Mix together in a blender. If I use frozen bananas then I omit the ice. I have omitted the grapes and it still tastes fine but the grapes do add to the taste. I have also used pineapple juice instead of the fruit and then I omitted the water. Good luck!

When I tried the South Beach diet one of the things that stuck with me was to make my tuna with a lot less LIGHT mayo and a full stalk of celery (they call for a full carrot too, but I don't always do that anymore), don't forget the mustard!

have you checked out Spark People? They have menus and recipes to guide you through. Some of their menus are kind of odd combinations to me, seems like sometimes they threw in a serving of pretzels just to make it to a certain calorie target, but a lot of it was good and you can make substitutions.

For work lunches my mom used to bring a chicken breast/or a packet of tuna and a can of green beans. it was pretty easy for her to stick to, and she dropped a pound or 2 a week. She also ate better at other meals too. Like a packet or 2 of oatmeal for breakfast. Dinner, was usually a lean meat and more veggies and maybe a small baked potato. Less mac & cheese and spaghetti! We love our pasta, but the greens and lean meats help alot.

Also, if you like venison and have access to it, that is one of the leanest meats there is.

Dont forget your water!!!! Lay off the pop, if you drink it, or try to only have one can a day.
Also, a walk during your lunch break around the parking lot a few times, or getting on a treadmill or exercise bike for about 15-30 minutes is great.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom