HELLO !! IMPORTANT HELP PLEASE DUCK ATTACKED NOSEBLEED long story it’s important though

thirteen wings farms

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2020
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
so on friday (it’s monday) my duck mushu was found in the evening injured and covered in fly eggs. i used a lice comb to get most of the eggs off, but a few straggling maggots made their way into her head wound, which seems to go down to the bone. it is located right between her eyes and right above her bill. i flushed it with betadine and a poultry wound spray over the next few days to flush the rest of the maggots out, and by the second day what seemed to be all of them had been taken care of. she had been improving a lot, but she keeps her head tucked and naps a lot. she is allowed outside for a few hours to socialize. when i brought her back in to clean her wounds and whatnot, i noticed as soon as i put her down her nose was bleeding. i immediately cleaned it and flushed out her head wound again, no maggots. i fear she has maggots i cannot reach with betadine or that there is a more serious internal injury. she also has a wound on the end of her beak but that is not as severe and she eats and drinks fine. any suggestions on the cause/solution?

View attachment 2748746View attachment 2748748View attachment 2748750so on friday (it’s monday) my duck mushu was found in the evening injured and covered in fly eggs. i used a lice comb to get most of the eggs off, but a few straggling maggots made their way into her head wound, which seems to go down to the bone. it is located right between her eyes and right above her bill. i flushed it with betadine and a poultry wound spray over the next few days to flush the rest of the maggots out, and by the second day what seemed to be all of them had been taken care of. she had been improving a lot, but she keeps her head tucked and naps a lot. she is allowed outside for a few hours to socialize. when i brought her back in to clean her wounds and whatnot, i noticed as soon as i put her down her nose was bleeding. i immediately cleaned it and flushed out her head wound again, no maggots. i fear she has maggots i cannot reach with betadine or that there is a more serious internal injury. she also has a wound on the end of her beak but that is not as severe and she eats and drinks fine. any suggestions on the cause/solution?
also her eyes are letting out a lot of discharge and i have to clean them out every few hours

Back
Top Bottom