Help and tips on hatching chickens

muffin_p

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 25, 2018
Hello! We recently got a little giants circulated air incubator and have collected fertilized eggs from our chickens. I’m planning on putting them in the incubator tonight but I need some help and tips on where to start? Do I need to fill the bottom with water? Up to what point? What humidity should it be at? Should the humidity change anywhere from the start to the end of the hatching period? What temperature should it be at? How many times do you recommend I turn the eggs throughout the day? (We don’t have an automatic turner)

I’ve read online that the temp should be at 99F and the humidity at 65% and that the eggs should be turned 3-5 times throughout the day at 180° degrees each time starting after the first 24 hours. Is this correct?

Hello! We recently got a little giants circulated air incubator and have collected fertilized eggs from our chickens. I’m planning on putting them in the incubator tonight but I need some help and tips on where to start? Do I need to fill the bottom with water? Up to what point? What humidity should it be at? Should the humidity change anywhere from the start to the end of the hatching period? What temperature should it be at? How many times do you recommend I turn the eggs throughout the day? (We don’t have an automatic turner)

I’ve read online that the temp should be at 99F and the humidity at 65% and that the eggs should be turned 3-5 times throughout the day at 180° degrees each time starting after the first 24 hours. Is this correct?
Also, do I have to turn the incubator on and wait a bit until putting the eggs in? If so, how long do I wait? TIA😅

This is a good place to start ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-beginners-guide-to-incubation.73350/

Also this article on humidity ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/incubation-humidity.73386/

Also, do I have to turn the incubator on and wait a bit until putting the eggs in? If so, how long do I wait? TIA😅
I like to turn on and run mine for at least 24 hours before setting eggs. This gives enough time to get it up to temp and to settle. Also I can double check temps and humidity % during this period.

Good luck with your eggs :fl

Back
Top Bottom