HELP!!! Breeding genetics question for CPQs

ButtonNomies

Songster
Jul 17, 2022
Please help me identify the genes in this boy. I'm totally in love with his colouring and would LOVE to recreate it in his offspring. Either clones of him or solid black. So need ideas on what female I should pair him with tht I win the genetic lottery!!

All I know for sure is he has white wing pied genetics. And some version of blue faced that has made sure the black is super dominant.

I've looked for pictures of black n white pied/tuxedos and white winged varieties but the majority of those have too much white on to be even close to me even trying to relate him to them.

He has no double factor gene because his legs are the brightest orange, the colouring hasn't extended to his limbs it seems yet his beak is turning black with the rest of him.

I was thinking of pairing him with a Darth lady to try n get darker darths. But I'm thinking that may override his genes and I may just end up with normal darths.

I have a tuxedo that is colouring similar to him but im not sure if it's even a female yet. I also have a silver splash and a silver white winged who haven't blushed up yet so could be female too.

HELP!!!

20221016_161657.jpg

Please help me identify the genes in this boy. I'm totally in love with his colouring and would LOVE to recreate it in his offspring. Either clones of him or solid black. So need ideas on what female I should pair him with tht I win the genetic lottery!!

All I know for sure is he has white wing pied genetics. And some version of blue faced that has made sure the black is super dominant.

I've looked for pictures of black n white pied/tuxedos and white winged varieties but the majority of those have too much white on to be even close to me even trying to relate him to them.

He has no double factor gene because his legs are the brightest orange, the colouring hasn't extended to his limbs it seems yet his beak is turning black with the rest of him.

I was thinking of pairing him with a Darth lady to try n get darker darths. But I'm thinking that may override his genes and I may just end up with normal darths.

I have a tuxedo that is colouring similar to him but im not sure if it's even a female yet. I also have a silver splash and a silver white winged who haven't blushed up yet so could be female too.

HELP!!!

View attachment 3295225
Cute kinda looks like a pied Darth, cuz the white gene can mess with any cps mutation,it's more a cover up gene paint job(the white gene that is),I would say the female Darth if your hoping for more black, if u don't want more white don't breed to another pied the whites recessive and if you double it you got more chance at it, what morphs are his parents?

Cute kinda looks like a pied Darth, cuz the white gene can mess with any cps mutation,it's more a cover up gene paint job(the white gene that is),I would say the female Darth if your hoping for more black, if u don't want more white don't breed to another pied the whites recessive and if you double it you got more chance at it, what morphs are his parents?
His egg was out sourced, meant to be from a silver covey so could be anything tbh. My silvers are all male so he can't be paired with them now, he's in with 3 single darth ladies and a single wild tux lady, like ur profile pik 😁 we shall have to see who he chooses, yet he's still happy to wedge up with Josie and Hopper most of the time. He's becoming a third wheel to them 😂 Billy is loving having all 4 ladies snuggling up with him in the evening. Now Billy is very peculiar. He's supposed to be a traditional male (he rusted up) yet he's got the minimal amount of Blue on his chest and only a few red tail feathers, the rest of him looks like a traditional female. Bizarre but beautiful nonetheless xx

Back
Top Bottom