Help! My Egyptian Fayoumi CROWED!

herechickchick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
Memphis TN
I ordered some st. run Egyptian Fayoumis from Ideal and they will be one month old on the 12 of July. So last night I am sitting in the brooder with them and my little rooster jumps up on to the waterer and FULL OUT COCK-A-DOODLE DOOS just like a big boy rooster, and then he did it again! I know that they mature early, but 3 WEEKS. I will post photos of the cutest little guy ever later! Maybe I can get a video of him doing it. It is hilarious. Any way if anyone has any input or experience with this breed I would love to know about it. Now I am waiting for my little hens to lay eggs.
lol.png

I just looked up your breed on McMurray's website and it says the roos start crowing at a very early age. Yours sounds like a real overachiever though. Congrats!

I've got two Egyptian Fayoumi hens - Cleopatra and Nefertiti. They are really spunky and can be the ringleaders among the group when they go hunting through my garden, or going through the fence to the forest next to us.

They came in my order of "Rainbow Layers" from McMurray Hatchery, although I believe they lay small white eggs. I think MM just included them in the order as extra rare chicks. They are about 17 weeks old now.

Here's a pic of one of them:

DSC01185.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the responses. He is a little stinker, one of my favorites, but still a little stinker, always trying to escape the brooder, so I have moved the little guy and his girls into the big pen so we will see how they do!

Thanks Again
Adam

Back
Top Bottom