Help needed, 2nd attempt hatching chicken eggs

Hello to another Brit!

I’m up on a Scottish island and bought my eggs from eBay. So to get to me they had to go by plane AND ferry and I still managed a 50% hatch rate (beginner’s luck).

I bought an Amazon cheapie which died on day 18. After a proper crying session - and the eggs in a box on the radiator for an hour praying the cat wouldn’t knock it on the floor… 🤨 I managed to borrow an incubator from a friend who sent her husband out to the shed to look.

It’s an old RCOM sold in the UK (we don’t get a lot of the brands sold that are talked about on this forum). I’m going to buy my own from here: https://www.theincubatorshop.co.uk/...-king-suro-20-incubator-24-egg-incubator.html

£250 is obviously substantially more than the Amazon/eBay stuff - but never again do I want to have to deal with the tears and panic over a dead cheapie. Literally all I did was move it across the kitchen counter and the power went.

Good luck with your next batch!

Let me know how it goes! I only set three eggs last time, and I got two chicks!
I will keep everyone posted every big step and also i will need help while setting it up coz it days it has auto water input system
I have ANOTHER small clutch of eggs hatching right now in this model.
View attachment 3793831
I do like it. Works well for me.

I also have the larger Farm Innovators Incubators (styrofoam) that I use mainly as hatchers.
View attachment 3793832

I buy multi-packs of thermometers/hygrometers, like these. I place them around the incubator floor.
View attachment 3793836

As soon as you have your new incubator, etc, reach out to the BYC community again to help you set everything up. Do this BEFORE you purchase your eggs, so the incubator is ready for them. You’ll also want to let the eggs sit in a carton, pointy side down, for a day to let the air cells settle.

We all use different types/brands of incubators. I also have other types of incubators, that I didn’t even include in this post. Just make sure the one you choose is highly rated, and read the reviews. I want to see you and your daughter have a successful hatch, so don’t forget to reach out for any advice. 🙂
thanks for detail info. The first round shaped one i can also get from Amazon in UK but it is from different brand and id does not have humidity indicator.

The one i have which didn’t work for me also had great reviews and also my friend in Pakistan had great experience with it but i think for me and my location it didnt work.

Also when i placed digital temperature indicator inside the incubator. It was showing different temperature then incubator was showing.

Might be faulty or something.

I will keep everyone posted every big step and also i will need help while setting it up coz it days it has auto water input system

thanks for detail info. The first round shaped one i can also get from Amazon in UK but it is from different brand and id does not have humidity indicator.

The one i have which didn’t work for me also had great reviews and also my friend in Pakistan had great experience with it but i think for me and my location it didnt work.

Also when i placed digital temperature indicator inside the incubator. It was showing different temperature then incubator was showing.

Might be faulty or something.
I place hygrometer/thermometers around the incubator floor (especially when incubating Serama eggs), because it reads slightly different than what the incubator tells me. Of course, this is probably not an issue for every incubator. Once you receive the one you ordered, reach out to us with any questions. We’ll be happy to help you. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom