HELP- Sick Chicken

Lake2sea

Chirping
Nov 2, 2019
Hi all…
Wondering if you have ever seen anything like this before as we have not having raised chickens for over 10 years-
Chicken seems to have a swollen right ear lobe. I think because of this, her eye is half closed and she is having difficulty with her balance. She thrashes her head around in a circular motion and will not eat but did have some grass yesterday when placed in the yard separately. We have been keeping her away from the others for fear of pecking to death.
We have been feeding her B-12 with apple sauce and a syringe- also in is powder protein and other vitamins minerals and yeast. I dusted her yesterday with diatomaceous earth as I did see some mites- she has also had two injections of antibiotics- eye ointment and neosporin cream on lobe 2x daily for past three days-
HELP-

Here is a photo of lobe and eye-

Attachments

• A5497576-11A3-4742-A408-5135FF512B97.jpeg
    A5497576-11A3-4742-A408-5135FF512B97.jpeg
    585.4 KB · Views: 5
Does she have any gunk or bubbles in the eye? Could she have been pecked in the ear? I would check inside the ear canal with a QTip for mites or gunk. Let us know what you find. She might have a respiratory infection or ear infection. Do you have any antibiotics, or can you see a vet? You can use some plain Neosporin ointment in the eye or ear.

Here is a photo of lobe and eye-
Does she have any gunk or bubbles in the eye? Could she have been pecked in the ear? I would check inside the ear canal with a QTip for mites or gunk. Let us know what you find. She might have a respiratory infection or ear infection. Do you have any antibiotics, or can you see a vet? You can use some plain Neosporin ointment in the eye or ear.
She has no funk or bubbles coming from the eye. She may have been grabbed by the rooster when mounting but we don’t know. Inside the ear canal with a qtip?? Will have to see. We have given her two doses of LA200 and plenty of vitamins and minerals with apple sauce. Also Neosporin on the ears and ointment for her eye… she is just having a hard time seeing- would the ear cause her to have an issue with her eyes and do wirlie motions with her head ??

If she has an ear infection, that could affect her balance. Rooster damage could be possible. We are not vets, but can only guide you with possibilities. The oxytetracycline Can help if it is respiratory.

If she has an ear infection, that could affect her balance. Rooster damage could be possible. We are not vets, but can only guide you with possibilities. The oxytetracycline Can help if it is respiratory.
Thank you tremendously. Just curious if anyone had ever experienced this before. She doesn’t sound like she has a respiratory as it seems like it is ear. How do I check inside her ear?

Back
Top Bottom