Help! Turkey Foot Pain / Swelling

hethcurtis

Hatching
Jan 31, 2024
Hi everybody, first time posting here. I got two turkeys from a friend of mine who bought too many from tractor supply. I picked them up in September and have had them since, I’ll post a picture from the day I got them but I don’t know how old they were then.

The tom had a crooked toe back then and my friend said it was a break as a chick or something but it never swole up or bothered him or stopped him from walking. Ever since september this was the same case, gobbling all the time, walking with ease and puffing up normally. This past week however, I have noticed him stop gobbling and begin to favor this foot a lot. It is much more swollen now than it has been before. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong like if it is a break, or what can i do to help my tom?

The first pic if you zoom in you can see his toe is very crooked but doesn’t look as swollen as it does now.

Attachments

• IMG_5184.jpeg
    IMG_5184.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8436.jpeg
    IMG_8436.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 9
Sounds like it could be bumblefoot. It’s fairly common in poultry. Check the bottom of his foot. Is there a scab on one of his foot/toe pads?

Back
Top Bottom