Help! Weird chicken behavior

Hi!

I’ve had my flock for about 8-9 months, and it has gone really well. My hens are all laying consistently and seem happy. Today, though, a weird incident occurred. One of my cream legbars was nowhere to be found when we put my flock back in their run from free ranging. This was unusual for her because she usually sticks with everyone.

I panicked, but luckily found her under a bush. I grabbed her, but that’s also weird because she is one of mine who usually runs from me.

Then I sat her down with the flock. I noticed she was hunched over so I immediately wondered if she was egg bound. While I was watching her, she dropped a shell-less egg. I had one or two of those when they first started laying, but it’s all still weird. Then she was still kinda hunched so I brought her inside to separate her. I don’t think she’s egg bound now since she dropped the shell-less one.

Could I have interrupted her while laying under that bush and that’s why all this weirdness is happening?

Anyone know what’s going on??
You interrupting her wouldn’t cause the shell-less egg as when hens start laying the egg it’s already formed. She wiukdnt be egg bound no, but have you noticed anything weird at all before now? It might also be the start of a vent prolapse..hopefully not as that’s a huge ordeal cause you gotta put it back in the hen..🙏🏻ing for her healing!!

Back
Top Bottom