Help with breed and gender!

BlueHorse17

Free Ranging
8 Years
Mar 20, 2015
USA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello everyone! So I received a batch of random chicks from someone who couldn’t have them. During the time they were two days old. Now they are five weeks old. The person they are from has Rhode Island’s, Golden Comets, Wyandottes, Cochins, Brahmas, Easter Eggers, Leghorns, and Silkies. I know some of these chicks are bantams, though. I put numbers on the pictures and I’ll put my guess below as to what I think they are. I’m also wondering about gender…I’ll place my guesses for that too.

IMG_5515.jpeg

1. Silver Seabright bantams. Cockerel (left) and pullet (right).

IMG_5517.jpeg

2. Silver Laced Cochin? They are feather footed. Cockerel (left) and pullets (right)?

IMG_5521.jpeg

3. Light Brahma? Feather footed. Pullet.

IMG_5522.jpeg

4. Frizzle, but not sure breed. They have dark colored legs like an EE and are cleaned legged. Cockerel (left) and pullet (right).

IMG_5523.jpeg

5. Not sure with breed. Has a rose comb. Cockerel?

IMG_5525.jpeg

6. Gold Laced Wyandotte? Cockerel?

IMG_5526.jpeg

7. Maybe mixed breed? Light feathers on legs. Pullet.

IMG_5528.jpeg

8. Another possible mixed breed? Clean-legged. Pullet.

IMG_5529.jpeg

9. Another mixed breed maybe? Chest has hints of brown. Clean legged. Pullet.

I know it’s kinda difficult since they are being held but this is what I have to work with 😅.

Last edited:
Nice chickens, I only can advise on #5, with pea comb, as a possible EE. With a wide pea comb,,,, speaks of a cockerel.
I agree with some of your assessments of breed and gender.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Okay from what I can see there are quite a few purebred bantams and some standard mixes. For the purebreds,
1-Silver Sebrights
2-likely Birchen Cochin Bantams
3-Light Brahma Bantam
4-mixes
5-Blue Rosecomb
6-Dark Cornish Bantam
7/8/9- mixes

Hello everyone! So I received a batch of random chicks from someone who couldn’t have them. During the time they were two days old. Now they are five weeks old. The person they are from has Rhode Island’s, Golden Comets, Wyandottes, Cochins, Brahmas, Easter Eggers, Leghorns, and Silkies. I know some of these chicks are bantams, though. I put numbers on the pictures and I’ll put my guess below as to what I think they are. I’m also wondering about gender…I’ll place my guesses for that too.

View attachment 3475647

1. Silver Seabright bantams. Cockerel (left) and pullet (right).

View attachment 3475649
2. Silver Laced Cochin? They are feather footed. Cockerel (left) and pullets (right)?

View attachment 3475650
3. Light Brahma? Feather footed. Pullet.

View attachment 3475651
4. Frizzle, but not sure breed. They have dark colored legs like an EE and are cleaned legged. Cockerel (left) and pullet (right).

View attachment 3475652
5. Not sure with breed. Has a rose comb. Cockerel?

View attachment 3475654
6. Gold Laced Wyandotte? Cockerel?

View attachment 3475657
7. Maybe mixed breed? Light feathers on legs. Pullet.

View attachment 3475658
8. Another possible mixed breed? Clean-legged. Pullet.

View attachment 3475659
9. Another mixed breed maybe? Chest has hints of brown. Clean legged. Pullet.

I know it’s kinda difficult since they are being held but this is what I have to work with 😅.
6 isn't a golden wyandotte. They have dark masks on their faces as chicks. Not sure what it is, though.

Back
Top Bottom