Hen acting weird

Maddy52

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2023
Night before yesterday hen slept in the nesting box instead of on the perch and she did not come out of the coop all day until i took her out but she just stood there under the porch until 7 and went back to her nesting box the other chicken never came back home. The hen stayed in the coop all day today in the nesting box I brought her food and water she only drank some. She’s not laying any eggs just sitting in there and she’s not saying anything if I pet or pick her up. I know she’s older if that matters at all. There’s also no eggs in the boxes and she’s not laying I checked her butt she’s not egg bound. I’m worried about her wondering if anyone knew what was wrong. I’m thinking she maybe knows something was wrong since Truffles never came back home. But she was already not wanting to come out before Truffles went missing. Thank you for any help!

Night before yesterday hen slept in the nesting box instead of on the perch and she did not come out of the coop all day until i took her out but she just stood there under the porch until 7 and went back to her nesting box the other chicken never came back home. The hen stayed in the coop all day today in the nesting box I brought her food and water she only drank some. She’s not laying any eggs just sitting in there and she’s not saying anything if I pet or pick her up. I know she’s older if that matters at all. There’s also no eggs in the boxes and she’s not laying I checked her butt she’s not egg bound. I’m worried about her wondering if anyone knew what was wrong. I’m thinking she maybe knows something was wrong since Truffles never came back home. But she was already not wanting to come out before Truffles went missing. Thank you for any help!
Do you only have the two chickens?

Back
Top Bottom