Hen making weird noise while drinking?

chirpingstad

Songster
Oct 14, 2020
Michigan
Hey all! For context, I currently have a sick hen who I have been keeping separated, took her to the vet & he thinks it’s EYP and waterbelly, so she is on 3 different meds right now. She still does eat and drink, but when she drinks the water, she makes this weird noise that is very hard to describe, will link a video below. Should I be concerned? I’m already worried sick about this girl

It sounded kind of like air coming back up. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as she is eating and drinking.

What is his plan to treat the EYP?

It sounded kind of like air coming back up. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as she is eating and drinking.

What is his plan to treat the EYP?
She’s currently taking 1.3ml trimethoprim for her antibiotic, .4ml furosemide for the water belly, and .5ml meloxidyl for the inflammation every 12 hours

You can ask your vet about the noise. I've never seen that before, but I am guessing with the effect of the illness or medication her trachea is working a little differently. I wouldn't worry unless she seems physically distressed by it's occurrence.

You can ask your vet about the noise. I've never seen that before, but I am guessing with the effect of the illness or medication her trachea is working a little differently. I wouldn't worry unless she seems physically distressed by it's occurrence.
Okay, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom