Hen pooing large amount of clear liquid

WannaBeFarmDad

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2023
Near Peoria, Illinois
I have had wet spots in the litter box the last couple of days. Overnight video shows it all coming out of one hen named Yogurt.
Yogurt is an easter egger. She stopped laying a couple of weeks ago. I assumed it was just the winter days but not I am worried something is wrong.
Should I be concerned? Any suggestions? Note, the closeup picture is from a smaller wet spot a couple of days ago.

IMG_1810.jpg
IMG_1811.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 2
I had one hen that used to do this every day. I never knew why, but she would act like she was going to lay an egg every other day, and she never laid once. Can you check her crop in the early morning to see if it has emptied, or if she is having a crop problem? If her crop has not emptied let us know. That could be making her drink more water, making her droppings more watery.

Mine is doing this too. She got a whole bunch of semi moldy mealworms a few days ago. Did yours get ant bad things?

I checked her crop first thing in the morning and it was empty. Wet spot today was also much smaller.

I don’t think she got into anything bad to eat. I have been giving some cranberries as treats lately. Perhaps they are too acidic.

Back
Top Bottom