Herb List?

I know most replies discouraged you from using the herbs, but there’s a reason plant medicine has been around for thousands of years. If you want to learn about the medicinal properties of plants then I encourage you to look into herbalism! Just because it’s not what everyone is doing, doesn’t mean it’s wrong

Your point is good @Becstasy94 .

Those who think that the only powerful versions of drugs and remedies have to be purchased or consumed in a pure, concentrated form might try - at their own risk - picking euphorbia in sunshine, drinking grapefruit juice when on any one of 85 over-the-counter medicines, or eating any part of an arum lily. I advise strongly against doing any of these things, but some people seem to be able to learn only by experience.

Nearly 50% of all drugs used today involve substances originally used as natural / herbal remedies, before laboratories existed.

To answer the original question directly, here's an article on which herbs to feed your chickens written by the BYC Project Manager
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/top-50-herbs-for-your-chickens.77443/

I have an established herb garden and they occasionally wander in for a nibble.
It tends to be the softer ones that get eaten most, mint and sage for example (and aphids) But they don’t eat a lot.
I also have a lot of lavender where they gather in the middle. I’ve heard it said their sense of smell isn’t very acute so perhaps they just like the location. They also like the buddleia bush 🤷‍♀️
I hang rosemary sprigs in their pouallier - but I think it’s more for me.
And put lavender in their nesting boxes, but none have shown any appreciation,
The organic feed I buy has mint and garlic already in it and they eat it all.
hugz

Your point is good @Becstasy94 .

Those who think that the only powerful versions of drugs and remedies have to be purchased or consumed in a pure, concentrated form might try - at their own risk - picking euphorbia in sunshine, drinking grapefruit juice when on any one of 85 over-the-counter medicines, or eating any part of an arum lily. I advise strongly against doing any of these things, but some people seem to be able to learn only by experience.

Nearly 50% of all drugs used today involve substances originally used as natural / herbal remedies, before laboratories existed.

To answer the original question directly, here's an article on which herbs to feed your chickens written by the BYC Project Manager
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/top-50-herbs-for-your-chickens.77443/
Thank you so much! 😭 The both of you!

Back
Top Bottom