Hi i have two muscovey ducks that have suddenly become very withdrawn and not eating they drink water and walk around a bit but mistly just stand arou

Hi there Lydia. Guys unfortunately they both died after my last correspondence. I just lost another one very suddenly. I have one in My sick bay that I thought was paralyzed from being egg bound but I don't feel any eggs but she is still eating and drinking. I'm so scared for my goose she is so beautiful and healthy and sassy. My other ducks all seem fine. But I've learned that they are fine now by this afternoon there is one that looses interest in her food so fingers crossed no more after this one.

Hi there Lydia. Guys unfortunately they both died after my last correspondence. I just lost another one very suddenly. I have one in My sick bay that I thought was paralyzed from being egg bound but I don't feel any eggs but she is still eating and drinking. I'm so scared for my goose she is so beautiful and healthy and sassy. My other ducks all seem fine. But I've learned that they are fine now by this afternoon there is one that looses interest in her food so fingers crossed no more after this one.
What feed do they eat? Is it in date and free from any damp/mould etc?
Do they have access to a pond, are water sources cleaned regularly, no access to water that could potentially be stagnant?
Any chance they could be eating from toxic plants or that they could have access to any chemicals, anything leaked, like pesticides?
Are their eyes and nares clear of discharge?
Do they free range? If not what is the set up like/how many birds?

I'm sorry you lost them both, I really hope the rest turn out to be okay. The more info you can give the more chance we have of narrowing down the cause

Back
Top Bottom