Hola from Mexico

mexihen

Hatching
12 Years
Mar 7, 2007
Hello There! I'm new to chickens but I think I'm already addicted. I was given two chicks last week and I have spent every night reading everything I can find on chickens. Fascinating creatures. My chicks names are Thunder and Lightening. I have no idea how old they are, what sex they are or what breed they are. None of that really matters as its just fun to watch them growing and developing. I run a small school down here with an emplasis in evironmental science. We have an organic garden, rabbits, red earth worms, compost of course, and some goats. The chickens just fit right in. Right now they are free ranging in my back garden. I will be building a coop though at the school and maybe getting one or two more chickens. I also have a dog and two cats. This is a great forum. I've already learned a lot just reading through old threads. Glad to be here.

-Rachael

Welcome to BYC! Nice to see new folks here...
Miriam
smile.png

Welcome to BYC, I don't think we have had anyone from Mexico that I can remember. How great, you can make us all jelous with your warm weather when we are still freezing here. Very glad you decided to join us.

Jaynie, Bryant Alabama

Hi there Mexico!!! It's great to hear from you. We all love our chickens on this forum! I'm in NY and it's cold. Your school sounds great and I really love when a teacher uses the hands on approach. I have a very active 11 year old son and he learns much faster on his feet and doing rather then hearing about it. How many students do you have? Well keep in touch! Peg:cd

YAY! I'm in Jalisco Mexico, about three hours south of Guadalajara.

I'll post up some pics of the school soon.

Thanks for the welcome

Back
Top Bottom