homemade incubator temp consistancy

I check just about every feed store by me and they don't carry them. I guess I will have to order one online.

Thanks

Eric

Quote:
Yeah, sorry about the typo. But I did buy mine online. I did a search on Google (who doesn't, lol). I think later on, I found out I could've gotten it cheaper. It's always a good idea to compare prices before making a decision
big_smile.png

mate I put my bator together and it is much the same as yours is I think. Mine too was doing great today during the day --> 99.3-101.4F and 55-60%humidity but i just looked now and its up to 115!!!!!! with no change in the dial...it was 8pm when i looked so i dont know what time the huge jump in temp was but sometime between 7 and 8pm.

I have absolutely NO IDEA WHY THIS HAPPENED!

I too will have to invest in a thermostat...i wonder if i could use one from an old aquarium heater?

I don't know if this will help, but I found that if I used a larger bulb (60W), the dimmer switch had to be set too low and it was very touchy. When I went to a 25 watt bulb, the setting wasn't as touchy and there was a greater margin for error. The dimmer switch seems to work better when set more towards the full power end of the dial. If you can get away with an even lower wattage bulb, I think it will work even better. Unfortunately, the newer compact fluorescent will not work with a dimmer switch, so it can be difficult to find a bulb below 25 watts with a normal sized base.

Back
Top Bottom