How does chicken manure work for gardening? And can flowers go directly into it or does it have to sit like for veggies.

I just screwed 3 pallets together (2 sides and the back) to contain the "pile". I tried a closed-off plastic bin on my first compost attempt and I ended up with nasty sludge that never broke down. So just a heads up that your trash bin idea might not allow enough air flow and result in a mess too. You could maybe cut some big holes in the sides to give it some more air?
It has holes in the bottom for drainage XD I know that for sure because after we stopped using it we washed it out and then plugged the holes with sticks/twigs and filled it up with water for a dip on hot summer days when I was a kid. It should have enough holes plus if its the one shes thinking that one has a makeshift lid for preventing water from getting into it cause after garbage it became a bin for cans and bottles

I wish we had the pallets to do so.

It has holes in the bottom for drainage XD I know that for sure because after we stopped using it we washed it out and then plugged the holes with sticks/twigs and filled it up with water for a dip on hot summer days when I was a kid. It should have enough holes plus if its the one shes thinking that one has a makeshift lid for preventing water from getting into it cause after garbage it became a bin for cans and bottles
LOL I went "swimming" in a trash can as a kid too. Totally forgot about it until I read this. 😂

LOL I went "swimming" in a trash can as a kid too. Totally forgot about it until I read this. 😂
XD When you have to get creative it works lol. We had a cement heart shaped pond but we stopped maintaining it and it wouldnt hold water so we were like "something big that doesnt have to many holes boom garbage bin!" lol I remember someone coming up with the great idea of all of us trying to push it over with someone inside of it with the water. XD we could only do it once and it took everything we had and wasnt worth it after that lol

I just screwed 3 pallets together (2 sides and the back) to contain the "pile". I tried a closed-off plastic bin on my first compost attempt and I ended up with nasty sludge that never broke down. So just a heads up that your trash bin idea might not allow enough air flow and result in a mess too. You could maybe cut some big holes in the sides to give it some more air?

Also, learned this the hard way too - have a plan for getting the compost OUT when it's done. A plan that doesn't involve getting compost all over yourself LOL
Good point. Its a tall bin and i myself am short so while and i can probably get by with shoveling it in. Shoveling it out would be more difficult lol

Back
Top Bottom