How long before a chick on medicated feed gets unvaccinated?

SamIamNam786

Songster
Aug 10, 2023
Central NJ
Guys I fed my 4 week old chicks Medicated food bc that's what the lady at tsc told me to do. We picked up the vaccinated chicks at 4 weeks old on Fri. They've been eating medicated crumbles Fri, sat, sun, mon (4 days), I'm assuming they were on regular feed up until 4 weeks before I picked them from the farm.

I'll pick up unmed one tomorrow morning.

Is that going to undo their vaccine?

Attachments

• IMG_5367.jpeg
    IMG_5367.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 166
Guys I fed my 4 week old chicks Medicated food bc that's what the lady at tsc told me to do. We picked up the vaccinated chicks at 4 weeks old on Fri. They've been eating medicated crumbles Fri, sat, sun, mon (4 days), I'm assuming they were on regular feed up until 4 weeks before I picked them from the farm.

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/coccidiosis-the-scourge-of-chicks-and-poults/#What Is Coccidiosis?

This has some good information. Mine had the Vax from hatchery so I did not provide medicated feed.

If you want your unvaccinated chick to be on medicated feed, then I would assume you will feed them all medicated, even the vaccinated ones. My understanding is it doesn't hurt them, but they aren't getting any added protection by doing so as they already have it.

Back
Top Bottom