How long do I need to coop my new adult turkeys, if at all?

JillN01

Hatching
Jan 20, 2024
Hi! I picked up a pair of turkeys yesterday and currently have them in our chicken coop but wondering if they need to remain in the coop for days/weeks to learn that this is home? (Like the process I'd follow for new chickens?). Or can they just free range immediately in on our fenced acerage?

Hi! I picked up a pair of turkeys yesterday and currently have them in our chicken coop but wondering if they need to remain in the coop for days/weeks to learn that this is home? (Like the process I'd follow for new chickens?). Or can they just free range immediately in on our fenced acerage?
They need to be penned long enough to become used to knowing this is where the food and water is.

Locking them in a small coop is not necessarily the best thing to do. They need much more space than chickens need.

They need to be penned long enough to become used to knowing this is where the food and water is.

Locking them in a small coop is not necessarily the best thing to do. They need much more space than chickens need.
Thank you. The coop is very large, just wasn't sure how many days/weeks it would take them to learn?

Back
Top Bottom