How much should they eat?

ellchr3

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2023
South Carolina
Hello all! I have ten 8 week old white leghorns and am just curious how much they should be eating? I’ve read varying things, but the most consistent seems to be 1 pound of feed per chicken a week roughly. Mine seem to be eating that every other day! I have a 10lb feeder that I seem to be filling up every other day. Thanks in advance for any feedback and suggestions.

Hello all! I have ten 8 week old white leghorns and am just curious how much they should be eating? I’ve read varying things, but the most consistent seems to be 1 pound of feed per chicken a week roughly. Mine seem to be eating that every other day! I have a 10lb feeder that I seem to be filling up every other day. Thanks in advance for any feedback and suggestions.
Hi! Mine eat WAY more than a pound a week! Closer to 3 pounds a week each

Depending upon what type of feeder, there could be some ending up on the ground and wasted.
I didn't get a notification for your reply so, sorry for the delay. Definitely none being wasted. I'm out there a couple of times a day right now and see none on the ground at all. It's a gravity feeder that hangs from the rafters of the run. Shortly after this post they ended up going through 10lbs in a single day. I've since cut back to feeding them about 2 lbs a day based on everything I've read.

Back
Top Bottom