Sponsored Post How To Start A Backyard Chicken Business By American Poultry Auctions

This helped me do much!!! Now I know exactly what to do! I'm wondering if it's possible to sell chicks 1 week or older, or adult coturnix quail?
As someone sort of mentioned above, you'd need to take into consideration where you are, the market there, the season, etc. Where I am (Wisconsin,) I have stopped hatching until spring as silkies this time of year are not being looked for much. In the spring, I can't hatch fast enough.

I choose to never sell day-old chicks, so what I say is hatch day is, and release day is (2 days later at the soonest). I just want them to get a few days start here so I know they're eating and drinking and going to be all right.

If you're in Facebook groups for your area, that should be able to give you some indication of what's hot and what's not.

As someone sort of mentioned above, you'd need to take into consideration where you are, the market there, the season, etc. Where I am (Wisconsin,) I have stopped hatching until spring as silkies this time of year are not being looked for much. In the spring, I can't hatch fast enough.

I choose to never sell day-old chicks, so what I say is hatch day is, and release day is (2 days later at the soonest). I just want them to get a few days start here so I know they're eating and drinking and going to be all right.

If you're in Facebook groups for your area, that should be able to give you some indication of what's hot and what's not.
Ok, Thanks for the help! I plan on hatching in spring and summer, but I think I will sell eggs in smaller quantities like half a dozen in winter or fall. I plan on breeding more uncommon, rare, it very wanted breeds. In Italy I know that Black copper maran bantams, silkies, Cochins are some of the most wanted. I think I will have people be able to order by the dozen in spring and summer, but people must email me for orders on chicks. Then I will tell them how many actually end up hatching and how much it would end up costing. If someone wants ten assorted Silkie chicks I will incubate 15 and I will give them one extra just in case. I'd do the same with eggs, I would add in one or two extras so any cracked eggs can easily be replaced for free eggs.

Ok, Thanks for the help! I plan on hatching in spring and summer, but I think I will sell eggs in smaller quantities like half a dozen in winter or fall. I plan on breeding more uncommon, rare, it very wanted breeds. In Italy I know that Black copper maran bantams, silkies, Cochins are some of the most wanted. I think I will have people be able to order by the dozen in spring and summer, but people must email me for orders on chicks. Then I will tell them how many actually end up hatching and how much it would end up costing. If someone wants ten assorted Silkie chicks I will incubate 15 and I will give them one extra just in case. I'd do the same with eggs, I would add in one or two extras so any cracked eggs can easily be replaced for free eggs.
Could you go to their site, or are you just doing this without it? My PC won't let me go.
1693938809489.png

Back
Top Bottom