I’m building aviary in backyard

Goosewhisper

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2023
Just info on project…no question, but feel free to offer suggestions or ideas…

I currently have a bunch of tractor supply producers pride coops combined to form two large units - one for call ducks, mallards, etc. with an enclosed coop and run , the other large 8x8x6 walk in run units (three combined) for exotics). So some info on new project-

Surrounded portion of yard (which is small to begin with) with fence made of 1x6x12 deck planks and 4x4 / 6x6 posts (I used whatever I had laying around to start)…then tight aircraft cable crisscrossed for net roof support (note important to use good netting…that $30 stuff is useless)…installing control panel and solenoid valves for pond fill / mist/ lights - running CAT 6 for cams for coop and nest area.

Camera details-and rough pricing- I have this already and it works great.

Synology DS723+ server. / disk station $400
18TB Toshiba HDD $250
(2) M.2 1Tb cach SSD (highly recommended- speeds up incredibly) $100

POE Switch $179
Amcrest IP Cams (bought from Amazon) - various models (20 or 30 fps @ 8mp…these are the best inexpensive cameras I have found and I tried others ) range from $100 to $279 (I only have two of the $279 ones but the difference in image is huge)

Also have one Outdoor Marshall cube cams (SDI) pro unit $300 ea (but excellent image quality) in order to use those with the synology system need to use converter to change from SDI to IP $200

And have two trail cams though I don’t use these much not that I have the cameras system…I put them out from to watch for other animals in the area.

I got a few rock speakers from a friend who redid his yard so I’m putting those to play some light music or etc…can sit in the enclosure and drink coffee with the birds…literally

Just info on project…no question, but feel free to offer suggestions or ideas…

I currently have a bunch of tractor supply producers pride coops combined to form two large units - one for call ducks, mallards, etc. with an enclosed coop and run , the other large 8x8x6 walk in run units (three combined) for exotics). So some info on new project-

Surrounded portion of yard (which is small to begin with) with fence made of 1x6x12 deck planks and 4x4 / 6x6 posts (I used whatever I had laying around to start)…then tight aircraft cable crisscrossed for net roof support (note important to use good netting…that $30 stuff is useless)…installing control panel and solenoid valves for pond fill / mist/ lights - running CAT 6 for cams for coop and nest area.

Camera details-and rough pricing- I have this already and it works great.

Synology DS723+ server. / disk station $400
18TB Toshiba HDD $250
(2) M.2 1Tb cach SSD (highly recommended- speeds up incredibly) $100

POE Switch $179
Amcrest IP Cams (bought from Amazon) - various models (20 or 30 fps @ 8mp…these are the best inexpensive cameras I have found and I tried others ) range from $100 to $279 (I only have two of the $279 ones but the difference in image is huge)

Also have one Outdoor Marshall cube cams (SDI) pro unit $300 ea (but excellent image quality) in order to use those with the synology system need to use converter to change from SDI to IP $200

And have two trail cams though I don’t use these much not that I have the cameras system…I put them out from to watch for other animals in the area.

I got a few rock speakers from a friend who redid his yard so I’m putting those to play some light music or etc…can sit in the enclosure and drink coffee with the birds…literally
Sounds pretty techy, and I bet my electrician husband would understand most of that. We have Blink cameras but the same ones for so many years that we're grandfathered in at $5/month for all of them.

But I want to know where are the solar motion lights. ☺️

And if you want music with your coffee with the birds, they make boom boxes with light shows on them. 🎶

Yes, I’m a tech for work…installing pipes for fill / drain / filter today …birds were moved to temporary enclosure during construction and they don’t like it that much

Also I have one of those JBL partybox 310 (large Bluetooth speakers like you suggested)…but I can’t leave that out year round…and I got 4 rock speakers when one of my customers upgraded their yard sound…so I figured I’d repurposed them in my coop (they look nice too)

Back
Top Bottom