I got him

ilovechickens

Songster
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
West Central Wisconsin
After losing 6 chickens (2 layers, and 4 sixteen week old chicks) I set a live trap. The first two nights the food was gone, and the trap was sprung with no critter, so I went a purchased a larger trap and wrapped it with 1/4 inch hardware cloth and set it with cheese and apples, and when I went out to let the chickens out I checked the trap which is right behing and butted up against the coop with the chickens and there in it is a raccoon. I don't know if this is the critter that killed my chickens considering that two chicks were left dead in the middle of the pen, and the other two were taken. But it is a beginning :wee

good job.

thumbsup.gif

I set the trap last night and baited it with cheese and apples, and when I went out this morning to let out the chicken,
barnie.gif
there was another one quite a bit larger than the first one. Also I saw two red foxes running up the fence line, I am trying to figure out how to trap them. It looks like a male and female. Any suggestions:confused:

You might want to clean the trap with some diluted bleach in case of rabies...sometimes if a predator smells another animal that is caught it will avoid the trap...
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom