I need he/she help 26 weeks.

AjB

In the Brooder
May 9, 2023
I purchased it from a Tractor Supply as a pullit. She is my only one that is not laying and there is no signs of her laying anytime soon. All of my other girls when I go to pet them squat and spread their wings in submission she does not. I know that is not a guaranteed sign, but that’s how I knew all my other girls were getting ready to lay and within a week they did. The tailfeathers are different than the other 4 girls I have. my 4 girls eat, this one watches then after they are finished, it comes and eats. maybe I’m just paranoid. Not gonna lie. I hope I’m just paranoid.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    718 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 17
Totally a hen. They all take different amounts of time to start laying. My girls are around 23 or 24 weeks, and only 1 is laying. Some are just slow.

Also, the waiting to eat could be cause she is bottom of the pecking order. I have one who does that. Soooo hard to train those, though, cause they won't come take the treats at first, and you kinda have to keep the others away.

Pullet, she's very pretty.
I would suggest another feeder placed for her to feel more confident to eat with the others, how old is she?
She is 26 weeks. After noticing a couple days ago that she was waiting till everyone else was finished eating, I started tossing her some food over to the side when the other four girls weren’t looking and today for the first time she started scooting closer and closer to me like she expect me to give her something on the side so I think an extra little dish for her would be a great idea.

Also, the waiting to eat could be cause she is bottom of the pecking order. I have one who does that. Soooo hard to train those, though, cause they won't come take the treats at first, and you kinda have to keep the others away.
She is 100% my tiniest, so I guess that would make sense. And I have noticed from the beginning she doesn’t seem to want anything to do with me until a couple days ago when I started noticing her wait for the other girls to eat and I started giving her a little something to the side while they weren’t looking and today she actually started scooting closer to me

Back
Top Bottom