I need to buy OXINE today in Mass. Can anyone help?

cocoloco

Songster
5 Years
May 31, 2016
My beautiful 5 yr old Rhode Island Red, Ginger, is having breathing issues from what I feel is an upper respiratory fungal issue. She is my one psycho chicken who hates being handled. I took her to the vet last Tuesday - where she almost died due to the stress of the visit - she actually keeled over on the X-Ray table! They gave her oxygen, took an X-ray anyway - which came out bad - all the Dr would say is her lungs looked "patchy". She has no facial discharge, no lumps or swelling, no fluid, her huge comb flopped over late summer, her throat is pale - but no canker sores - she was eating and drinking a little bit (though not like she usually does) and has diarrhea. The Dr prescribed Clavamox 375mg twice a day and 1 dose of wormer. Ginger showed great improvement within 2 days of that visit and was regaining her appetite, starting to poop normally, etc - but - stupid me - I put her in the coop on Xmas eve - because guests were coming, I was cooking, etc. . 24 hours in the coop set her back to square 1 - she's lethargic again, diarrhea, open mouth breathing on and off, etc. (my husband will never let me live it down - he told me not to put her out there!) She has been back in the house for 3 days - getting her Clavamox and eating sparingly. I have a quart bottle of Oxine which I ordered 2 years ago when a few of my hens were wheezing. I used it with a cool mist vaporizer 10 min every am and pm for 5 days in my 10'x8' coop - it was super - within 2 days there was no more wheezing. I want to use it on Ginger, but just found out it has a shelf life of 1 yr. I may have to use it anyway as I just called several farm supply places in Central Mass and no none has it. Ordering online takes 1 week. It took a week to get her to see the vet - we lost precious time there - I need to move quickly. Does anyone near Central Mass know where I can get some? Thank you to anyone who can help. PS: I called Bio-Cide international in OK - someone from their sales team is supposed to get back to me to let me know where I can buy their product in Mass.

I apologize - I should have mentioned I called 7 farm supply stores within 30 miles - also called farmers groups and co-ops. No one had any. Most online suppliers will not ship 2 days - only ground - 7-10 days. Fortunately, I just received a call from a wonderful salesman from Bio-Cide international in OK. He said there are NO DISTRIBUTORS in Central Mass. but recommended A to Z Vet supply online for fast shipping. I just called them and was able to get 2 day shipping. The shipping cost more than the $16 quart bottle but I don't care - I need it for my hen and to clean my coop. The salesman also told me that, although my bottle is over 2 years old and they cannot guarantee it will disinfect like a new bottle - it still has active ingredients. I mixed 1 1/2 oz of Oxine (non-activated) in 12 oz of distilled water and poured it into a cool mist vaporizer. As I type this, my hen is in my tiny bathroom "spa" getting a treatment. She has off and on mildly labored breathing but is not extending her neck and struggling to breathe - hopefully, she won't get to that point or we will have to humanely put her down.

Back
Top Bottom